Guilford County Scrap Tire & White Goods Collection Facility
Location: 2138 Bishop Road, Greensboro NC 27406
Facility Telephone: 336-641-9431
Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
*Customers must arrive early enough for their scrap tires to be unloaded before 4:00 PM.*
- You are entitled to dispose of 5 passenger vehicle tires per household per fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th) at no charge.
- You must pay a fee for each additional passenger vehicle tire, and for each heavy truck and off-road tire.
Current disposal rates are $0.84 each for car and light truck tires, $4.28 each for heavy truck tires, and $0.0372/lb. for oversize tires (cash or checks only). Please ask for a receipt.
As of July 1, 2018, Guilford County’s scrap tire disposal contract fee increased from $74.26 per ton to $75.75 per ton. The scrap tire disposal fees charged to our customers reflect the increase in our disposal cost.
Scrap Tire disposal fees are as follows:
- Car and Light Truck Tires: $0.85 each
- Heavy Truck Tires: $4.36 each
- Oversized Tires: $0.0379 per pound
Scrap Tire Generators:
- Haul your own tires? Bring a copy of your current business license, along with your federal tax ID number, to the facility on your first visit.
- YOU are required to complete and sign a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires. Click here to view/download the form.
- Haul your own tires? Fill out the Generator and Hauler portions of the Form.
- Contract with a hauler? Fill out the Generator portion of the form.
- Contract with a hauler? You MUST hire a hauler who is registered through the North Carolina Department of the Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR). A registered hauler will be able to provide you with a copy of his current registration certificate.
- Be prepared to provide state tax reporting/payment records, as well as tire sales/purchase records upon request. Proper documentation is required in order to dispose of your eligible tires at no charge.
Scrap Tire Haulers:
- Bring a copy of your current NCDENR scrap tire hauler registration certificate on your first visit to the facility.
- Fill out the Hauler portion of a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires you bring to the facility. The Generator portion of the form MUST be completed and signed by the Scrap Tire Generator.
- You must bring a copy of the current business license and federal tax ID number for each Scrap Tire Generator whose tires you bring to the facility for disposal.
- Tires not eligible for free disposal will be accepted for disposal along with the required fee.