Guilford County Scrap Tire & White Goods Collection Facility
2138 Bishop Road, Greensboro NC 27406
(336) 641-9431 Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
NEW! Open on Saturday - May 18, 2019
*Customers must arrive early enough for their scrap tires to be unloaded before 4:00 PM.*
- You are entitled to dispose of 5 passenger vehicle tires per household per fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th at no charge.
- You must pay a fee for each additional passenger vehicle tire, and for each heavy truck and off-road tire.
Scrap Tire Disposal Fees:
- Car and Light Truck Tires: $0.85 each
- Heavy Truck Tires: $4.36 each
- Oversized Tires: $0.0379 per pound
Scrap Tire Generators:
- Haul your own tires? Bring a copy of your current business license, along with your federal tax ID number, to the facility on your first visit.
- YOU are required to complete and sign a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires. Click here to view/download the form.
- Haul your own tires? Fill out the Generator and Hauler portions of the Form.
- Contract with a hauler? Fill out the Generator portion of the form.
- Contract with a hauler? You MUST hire a hauler who is registered through the North Carolina Department of the Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR). A registered hauler will be able to provide you with a copy of his current registration certificate.
- Be prepared to provide state tax reporting/payment records, as well as tire sales/purchase records upon request. Proper documentation is required in order to dispose of your eligible tires at no charge.
Scrap Tire Haulers:
- Bring a copy of your current NCDENR scrap tire hauler registration certificate on your first visit to the facility.
- Fill out the Hauler portion of a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires you bring to the facility. The Generator portion of the form MUST be completed and signed by the Scrap Tire Generator.
- You must bring a copy of the current business license and federal tax ID number for each Scrap Tire Generator whose tires you bring to the facility for disposal.
- Tires not eligible for free disposal will be accepted for disposal along with the required fee.