Guilford County provides residents free disposal for live Christmas trees at the Guilford County Farm (formerly the Sheriff’s Prison Farm), located at 7315 Howerton Road, Gibsonville. The site is open from December 26th through January 15th. Drop-off hours are Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Please remove all lights, decorations, bags, stands and covers from trees before dropping them off to be recycled.
- Wreaths, garland and artificial trees are not accepted. These items are made with wire and staples that make them unsuitable for the chipping equipment.
- No business waste is accepted at this site.
Some towns and cities in Guilford County provide residential curbside collection of Christmas trees:
- The City of Greensboro collects trees curbside. Be sure that you conform to the city’s yard waste collection procedures to take advantage of this service. Call 373-CITY for more information.
- The City of High Point collects trees curbside through January 31st. Call 883-3111 for more information.
- Jamestown residents also have curbside tree collection available. Just place your tree out with your trash on your regular pick-up day. Call the town hall at 454-1138 with questions.
- Gibsonville residents may put their trees out at the curbside for collection during their extra pick-up weeks. If you have questions, call the town hall at 449-4144.