As of December 1, 1995, certain residents of North Carolina may be eligible to obtain a permit which would allow them to carry a concealed handgun under certain conditions. N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-415.11 No other weapons may be carried concealed pursuant to such permit. The following information will be needed to complete the Concealed Carry Permit Application Process:
- North Carolina Original Firearms Safety Training Course Certificate (has to be North Carolina)
- Completed online application which will includes the required fee pursuant to state law ($90 new/$75 renewal)
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License or Identification Card that has the address of your CCP.
- Copy of DD214 (military discharge papers)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or valid Passport
- Name, address and phone number of family physician
- Copy of United States Passport or Citizenship papers if born outside of the United States
The application process starts with completion of the online application. As part of this online process, you will schedule your appointment. There are separate application processes for new applicants and renewal due to different statutory requirements. After choosing the concealed carry link below, please choose either new or renewal. If your permit has expired, you must apply as a new applicant. The state grants a 60 day grace period after your permit expires, but requires you to submit a new set of fingerprints at your GCSO appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please allow up to 1 hour to complete paperwork.
Once your application is received the process may take up to 90 days. With the new online process, you will receive emails if additional information is needed and you can check on the status/approval of your application at any time. Approved applicants will receive their concealed carry permits approximately two weeks after the approval email.
For questions about the Concealed Carry Permit Process, Call (336) 641-6356, (336) 641-3449
The Concealed Carry Office is located at: >> Click on this link
201 S Eugene St