To empower family violence victims to live free from violence and abuse and hold offenders accountable by providing easily accessible, coordinated, and comprehensive services in a single location.
(FJC partners accepting the 2019 Domestic Violence Awareness Month Proclamation during the Guilford County Board of Commissioners’ October meeting)
To protect the vulnerable, stop the violence, restore hope, and make our community safer.
Catherine Johnson, Director
Sonya Desai, Client Services Coordinator
Beth McCollum, Client Services Coordinator
Angelina Meeks, Administrative Assistant
Jessica Nickerson, Navigator
Kieran Sharp, Navigator
Erica Yamaguchi, Navigator
Heather Magill, Elder Justice Specialist Coordinator
Hannah Mould, Child Trauma Specialist Coordinator
For general information, please email FJCinfo@guilfordcountync.gov
- Safety Planning – develop an individualized, comprehensive safety plan.
- Shelter Placement – assistance accessing a confidential safe shelter.
- Emergency Protective Orders – assistance filing a civil action to request a stay away/protection order (50B).
- Child Advocacy and Support – advocacy and support services to child victims and witnesses of domestic and sexual violence, including forensic interviewing and emotional support.
- Adult Advocacy and Support – information and support accessing resources and navigating the judicial system. Includes assistance filing for victim’s compensation and filing for a restraining order.
- Criminal Investigation – meet with someone about possible criminal charges, discuss a pending case, and learn about the court process.
- Legal Services – assistance with your civil and/or criminal case and help you navigate the judicial system.
- Medical Care – A specially trained medical provider can conduct sexual abuse and/or domestic violence evaluation exams and document your injuries.
- Emergency Needs and Support – connect to resources to assist in supplying food, shelter, and clothing.
- Emotional Support and Mental Health Services – talk with staff about available resources for individual or group counseling sessions.
To learn more about FJC resources and services available, check out our outreach video below.
Volunteers are essential in assisting with FJC operations. If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-641-7233.