Making a donation to Guilford County Animal Services (GCAS) is one of the simplest things you can do to save a life and prevent pet homelessness.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Make a monetary donation!
- Donate needed care items!
The Have-A-Heart Fund
Your donation to The Have-A-Heart Fund goes directly to help treat Heartworm Positive dogs currently under the care of GCAS. The goal of the Have-A-Heart Fund is to give each Heartworm Positive dog an opportunity to enjoy a second chance of a happy and loving life.
GCAS does not turn its back to rescuing heartworm positive dogs, in spite of the high costs to treat this painful and deadly disease. At any given time, we care for about 30 heartworm positive dogs, in which the treatment costs range from $500 – $800 for each dog.
Donate to the Have-A-Heart Fund and proceeds will go directly toward rehabilitating dogs who have this painful and deadly disease.
Guilford County is a local government and as a political subdivision of the State of North Carolina, is an organization qualified to receive tax-deductible contributions.
Your contribution will be used solely for public purposes in supporting Guilford County Animal Services’ Have-A-Heart Fund and therefore is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Use the button below to make a donation online.
Or send your contribution to:
Guilford County Animal Services/Donations
4525 West Wendover
Greensboro, NC 27409
Generous community members bring many items to the shelter to help the pets in need. Individuals, school groups, service groups, birthday parties, etc., collect these much needed items. To best help the animals, we have outlined the items we routinely accept as donations. During certain times of the year, we will put out pleas for help if our donations get low in certain areas (such as crates, bedding, etc.). Please keep up with us on our FACEBOOK page
Needed & Accepted Items:
- New or lightly used blankets or large towels
- Canned dog, cat, puppy or kitten food
- Unopened and not expired bags of dog, cat, puppy or kitten food
- Un-opened bags of food for hamster, rat, ferret, guinea pig, etc.
- Paper Towels
- New or slightly used, indestructible toys (such as Kongs® and Nylabones®) – we REALLY need the larger sizes!
- New and unopened kitty litter
- New and unopened bags/boxes of soft cat/dog treats
Guilford County is a member of Hill’s Science Diet® Shelter Nutrition Partnership that provides food for animal shelters throughout the nation. While the food needs of animals at the shelter are met through the Hill’s program, we still accept animal food donations at the shelter. You can bring your food donation items to GCAS at 4525 West Wendover, Greensboro, NC 27409.
Items that we are unable to accept include:
- Heavily soiled or used blankets or towels
- Hand towels, pillow cases, pillows and sheets
- Opened or expired food
- Used litter pans or litter scoops
- Heavily used toys or any destructible toys (such as stuffed animals, rope toys, etc.)
- Rawhides, bones or antlers
- Medications or medical supplies
- Non-animal-related items (such as clothes, shoes, household items, etc.)
- Small animal totes or carrying bags
- Animal clothing or costumes