Applying for a U.S. Passport?
Passport Services are now available. NO appointment needed!
As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we will accept your completed application for a new passport and forward it to the Passport Services section of the U.S. Department of State for an issuance determination.
All applicants submitting passport application Form DS 11 must:
- Appear in person
- Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (certified birth certificate, expired passport, naturalization certificate)
- Submit proof of identity (driver’s license, military ID, other government issued ID)
- Provide a recent 2″x2″ high-quality photograph taken with a white or off white background (Photos can be taken on site for a fee of $10 per applicant)
Please contact our office for additional requirements of applicants under the age of 18.
Two payments are required:
- The application fee is payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check or money order (no cash, credit or debit cards).
- The execution fee ($35) and optional photo fee ($10) are payable to Guilford County Register of Deeds by cash, check, credit or debit card. Additional fees apply.
Attention: New requirements for all birth certificates. Beginning April 1, 2011 require parent(s) full name to be on all certified birth certificates.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State’s website travel.state.gov for applications and detailed information on obtaining a passport.
Renewals can be done by mail if you meet the requirements.
Hours of Passport Acceptance: Monday through Friday (except federal holidays) 8:30am – 3:00 pm. No appointment needed.
Please call (336) 641-5322 or email email@example.com if you have questions regarding obtaining a passport.
**Limited parking is available in the immediate area around the BB and T building. Public Parking is also available just across the street in the Greene Street Parking Deck at 211 S. Greene Street in Greensboro.
The Guilford County Passport Services is located in the Register of Deeds office on the first floor of the BB&T building at 201 West Market Street in Greensboro room 108.
From US 40 Eastbound:
Take exit 218B to merge onto Freeman Mill Rd. Take a slight right onto S. Edgeworth St. Turn right onto W. Market St. The BB&T building will be on the right. Parking is available in the BB&T lot. Please enter the building via the Market Street entrance.
From US 40 Westbound:
Take exit 224 to merge onto E. Lee St. which will become E. Gate City Blvd. Continue onto E. Gate City Blvd. Turn right onto S. Eugene St. Turn right onto W. Market St. The BB&T building will be on the right. Parking is available in the BB&T lot. Please enter the building via the Market Street entrance.