Welcome to the Animal Gallery for the Guilford County Animal Shelter
Click on the links below to view animals. Please come to the shelter to see all our animals and find your perfect match!
Process for Adoption
- Spend time with the animal that you are interested in adopting.
- Ask staff any questions about any known history or medical concerns.
- Fill out the adoption application and bring the application, your valid ID and the animals kennel card to the front desk for processing.
- Pay the adoption fee.
- Receive your adoption packet and take your new family member home!
Hours of Adoption
- Sunday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Monday: 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Thursday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Friday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Dogs – $50
- Cats – $25
- Kittens/Puppies – $75
- Senior dogs – $25
- Senior cats – $10
Other Critters’ adoption fees vary. Check each critter for pricing.
All dog and cat adoptions include age appropriate vaccines, rabies vaccines, micro-chip, spay/neuter, full body checkup, and flea and tick treatment.
The Guilford County Animal Shelter recommends that all current pets are up to date on all of their vaccines before bringing home a new pet.