The JCPC annually reviews the needs of juveniles in the County who are at risk of delinquency and/or who have been adjudicated by the court. Simultaneously, the Council surveys the resources available to address those needs, and prioritizes community risk factors for youth for families, and for the community, and determines the services needed to address those problem areas.
The grant cycle begins when the Council advertises the availability of funding and solicits requests from service providers in a Request for Proposals (RFP). Thereafter, agencies submit applications for the specific need to be addressed and make presentations to the Council at a scheduled JCPC meeting. After hearing all presentations, the Council devises its funding recommendations, which it then submits to the Board of County Commissioners for their consideration during budget deliberations, with a determination made in the adopted budget by the end of June of the prior fiscal year.
JCPC Meeting Dates
*All meetings will occur on the 4th Thursday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
- May 23, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- August 22, 2019
- September 26, 2019
- October 24, 2019
- November 21, 2019 – *Moved due to Holidays
- December 9, 2019 - RFP Info Session at 12:00 PM
- December 19, 2019 – *Moved due to Holidays (Location: Blue Room, 1st Floor, Old Courthouse)
- January 14, 2020 - RFP Infor Session at 12:00 pm (in case of inclement weather back-up date is Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020)
- January 23, 2020
- February 27, 2020
- March 26, 2020 (CANCELLED)
- April 23, 2020
- May 28, 2020