- Stress good hand hygiene for employees, detainees and visitors.
- Encourage personnel to stay home if they develop symptoms.
- Prepare and review absenteeism procedure to continue to provide essential services.
- Telecommunication will be used whenever possible.
- Increase cleaning protocols for all contact surfaces. (Spray, wipe, and spray and let dry.) At this point we are continuing our routine cleaning and disinfecting. Restrooms are being cleaned twice a day. We are using chemicals recommended by the EPA to combat the virus. In addition to normal cleaning, we have begun spraying the entire facility once per week and high traffic areas twice per week. The spraying is done using electrostatic sprayers. These sprayers give an electrostatic charge to the chemicals, which make the chemical adhere to vertical surfaces and not run or drip.
Specific Steps--After diagnosis of infected persons in the local community, and upon direction of the Sheriff and County Director of Health, the following steps will be implemented.
- On-site personal visitation of detainees will be curtailed.
- All persons entering the facility, (except for freight delivery) will come through one portal where a nurse will be present to take a temperature reading. Any fever, even low grade will result in denial of entry. Freight delivery will be placed at loading dock.
- Magistrate services will continue but be limited to behind the glass conversations and hearings.
- Attorney, parole visitation will continue at this time. Please note, all persons with a low grade fever will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Sex offender registration will continue at this time.
- Inmates with symptoms will be kept in their cells while diagnosis is made thru County Health Director supervision.
- Inmates that are diagnosed positive will be segregated in medical housing. (Negative pressure rooms will be used first.)
- Hospitalization when necessary.
- Further increase cleaning protocols. Should we have a confirmed case in Guilford County, we will begin cleaning restrooms three time a day.
We will spray the entire facility twice per week and high traffic areas daily. Depending on virus spread, this could increase even more.