Online Vitals Requests button

Military Discharges

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Register of Deeds office records military separation documents known as a DD214 record.

Military discharges have restricted public access.

There is no charge to record or obtain a copy of a military discharge.

The service member must provide a government- issued ID to record or obtain certified copies of military discharges. However, N.C.G.S § 47-113(2) allows authorized parties to record or request certified copies of recorded military discharges.

Authorized parties include:

  • Subject of the record
  • Widow or widower of deceased spouse
  • Agents and representatives of the subject authorized in writing by the subject
  • Authorized agents of Veterans Affairs
  • Authorized court official with an interest in assisting the subject
  • NC State Archives

For additional information, contact the office of Veteran’s Affairs

LaDawn Pearson

Mondays and Thursdays
BB&T Bank Building,
201 W. Market St.,
Suite 108 Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 641-2957
Fax: (336) 641-2947

Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
325 E. Russell Ave.,
Room 145 High Point, NC 27260
Phone: (336) 641-7929
Fax: (336) 845-5587