Minority Business:A business in which at least fifty-one percent (51%) is owned by one or more minority persons, and of which the management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the minority persons who own it.
A person who is a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States and who is:
- Black/Afro American – a person having origins in any of the black racial groups in Africa.
- Hispanic/Latino American – a person of Spanish or Portuguese culture with origins in Mexico, South or Central America, or the Caribbean Islands.
- Asian Pacific American – a person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, South-East Asia, and Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands.
- Asian Indian American – a person whose origins are from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
- Native American Indian – A person who is an American Indian, Eskimo, Aleut or Native Hawaiian, and regarded as such by the community of which the person claims to be a part.
- Women – a business that is owned and controlled at a minimum of 51 percent by a non-minority woman or women.