Access the Absentee Ballot Request form through the State Board of Elections website or this link for the 2020 State Absentee Ballot Request Form.
Military and Overseas Absentee Voting
Who is eligible to apply?
The following individuals, who are eligible to register and who are qualified to vote in any statewide primary or election held under the laws of North Carolina, and who are absent from the county of his or her residence are entitled to register and vote by military or overseas absentee ballot:
- Individuals serving in the active and reserve components of armed forces of the United States, including, but not limited to, the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard who is on active duty; the Merchant Marine, the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service, the commissioned corps the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and members of the National Guard or State militia unit who is on activated status.
- Spouse or dependent of a member referred to in this subdivision.
- “Overseas voter” means a United States citizen who is outside the United States and satisfies this State’s voter eligibility requirements.
- Other individuals meeting the definitions of “absent uniformed services voter” and “overseas voter” in the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.
- “United States” used in the territorial sense, means the several states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, and any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
How can I apply?
Download the Federal Post Card Application Form (FPCA). You must print the form to sign it (no e-signatures allowed) and then you may submit the form as detailed below.
Send signed (no e-signatures) and completed FPCA (or other forms) to:
Guilford County Board of Elections
Absentee Voting Department
PO Box 3427
Greensboro, NC 27402
Fax completed and signed (no e‐signatures) to: 336‐641‐4454.
Email completed and signed (no e‐signatures) attachment to email@example.com.
Any covered uniformed‐service or overseas voter that qualifies as listed above has the choice of either applying to register and/or vote through special programs such as using the FPCA (see link above) or FWAB or requesting a mail‐in absentee ballot the same way as other registered voters. Access the Federal Voting Assistance website for more information.
If you have any questions, please call 336‐641‐6874 or 336‐641‐6876 or visit the NC State Board of Elections website.