The Guilford County Citizens’ Academy is a unique educational opportunity. The Academy is open to Guilford County residents. Citizens representing various Board of Commissioner districts and backgrounds can participate.
The purpose of the Citizens’ Academy is to:
• Learn how County Government works & sources and uses of funds
• Share participants’ acquired knowledge with other citizens
• Develop a pool of interested individuals to serve on future boards and commissions
• Foster leadership
• An Introduction to Local Government in North Carolina
• Overview of the County’s Organization, Strategic Plan & Budget
• Presentations by County Department Heads
• Class Participation
• Case Studies
• Site Visits
Citizens' Academy 2019
The Guilford County Citizens’ Academy consists of 9 sessions beginning Monday, September 9, 2019.
Registration deadline is Friday, August 30th. Space is limited, so please be sure to apply as soon as possible.
Click here to view the flyer for more information including session dates.
Click here to download the PDF registration that may be emailed, faxed or mailed.
Click here to register online.