The Guilford County Citizens’ Academy is a unique educational opportunity. The Academy is open to Guilford County residents. Citizens representing various Board of Commissioner districts and backgrounds can participate.
The purpose of the Citizens’ Academy is to:
• Learn how County Government works & sources and uses of funds
• Share participants’ acquired knowledge with other citizens
• Develop a pool of interested individuals to serve on future boards and commissions
• Foster leadership
• An Introduction to Local Government in North Carolina
• Overview of the County’s Organization, Strategic Plan & Budget
• Presentations by County Department Heads
• Class Participation
• Case Studies
• Site Visits
Citizens' Academy 2019
The Guilford County Citizens’ Academy consists of 9 sessions beginning Monday, September 9, 2019.