Help shape Guilford County’s future by completing the 2020 Census!
As we face this public health crisis, participating in the Census now helps secure future funding for Guilford County. For every person counted, Guilford County will receive approximately $2,000 from the federal government to fund essential county services such as more resources for:
- Public Safety
- Street Improvements
- Health Care
- & More (Our Future funding depends on YOU!)
Please remind your family, friends, and neighbors to complete their forms as well. You can complete the census from home via:
By phone: 1-844-330-2020
Or by mail, if you received the paper form.
¡Tienes la oportunidad de dar forma al futuro del Condado de Guilford por responder al censo del 2020!
Residentes del Condado de Guilford, no es muy tarde para responder al Censo! Ayude a el condado de Guilford a obtener su parte justa de los fondos y servicios federales respondiendo hoy. El Condado de Guilford recibe aproximadamente $2,000 del gobierno federal anualmente para cada persona contado en el censo. Ese dinero financia servicios del condado como:
- Seguridad Publica
- Mejores Calles
- Programas de Salud
- y Mas
Por favor, recuerde a su familia, amigos y vecinos para que también completen sus formularios.
Puede completar el censo desde su casa
Por internet https://my2020census.gov
Por teléfono 1-844-468-2020
O por correo si recibió el formulario. #GuilfordCountyCounts #2020Censo
Census Day is April 1, 2020
Hospitals. Fire departments. Schools. Even roads and highways. The census is more than just a head count—it can shape many different aspects of Guilford County.
Results are used to help determine:
- How over $675 Billion/year is distributed to state and local governments using Census numbers (Over $4 Trillion over the decade). These funds are spent on schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs.
- The number of seats each state gets in Congress. Census is constitutionally mandated for re-apportionment of Congress.
- How state and local officials draw boundaries for congressional districts, state legislative districts and school districts.
Census data is also used in:
- Forecasting of future transportation needs.
- Determining areas eligible for housing assistance and rehabilitation loans.
- Assisting tribal, federal, state and local governments in planning, and implementing programs and services in:
- Social Services
- Emergency response
- Designing facilities for people with disabilities, the elderly and children.